dltv 222 episode
Run time 21:15Producer pcmagAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
Ask Loyd Case, GPS, Smash Bros. Brawl and More!
What's new in Episode 222
• Robert is sunning himself in the FLA. No hurricanes until June. Scott Asnault and Loyd Case are hosting.
• Our Viewer Tech Pic of the Week is from Benjimin of Vulcan, Alberta, Canada.
• Brooks was so excited about Smash Bros. Brawl coming out that Scott let him do the interview with Shane Bettenhausen, Executive Editor for the 1UP Network.
• Brian Bennett, Reviews Editor for PC Magazine reviews the Pharos Drive GPS 250 and the Cobra Nav ONE 5000.
• Our questions for Loyd:
I am looking to build a mid to high end PC with gaming and rendering ability, but do not fully understand the difference between consumer and business video cards (i.e. Geforce vs Quadro). I like FPS gaming, but I also heavily use Photoshop and AutoCAD for my field of landscape architecture, what best suits my needs? Thanks in advance,Trevor-Pittsburgh, PA
I'm running a home-built Intel Pentium 4 550; the dreaded Prescott house warmer. I seem to be having a problem where once a year or so, my CPU overheats and causes thermal shutdowns several times a week. In the past, I would reapply the thermal compound. Is it normal that I need to this every year or is something else going on here? Thanks so much,Todd-Bellport, NY
I am building my first pc with a focus on gaming and media playback. I am weighing the merits of two motherboard series: the 680i with full x16 sli and the 750i with x16/x8 but having the extra bandwidth of PCI-E 2.0 available. Which of these setups would be better for gaming? Thanks, Eric-Cape Coral, Florida
Just got a new phenom quad with dual 3870 crossfire but at systemrequirementslab.com I fail the video card test is there something on my m3a32 bios I should change or is crossfire activated only by catalyst software? Thank you. Steve from Texas
• We have a new giveaway. Enter to receive a Zalman FPS GUN FG 1000 Gaming Mouse. Giveaway ends March. 27th. YOU HAVE 3 WEEK LEFT. The drawing will be April 3rd. The rules are simple:
• Create a video of 20 seconds or less.
• The video must be about your favorite online time waster.
• You must be a resident of the US and at least 18 years of age. For the full legalese download the rules.
• Upload it to your YouTube page.
• If you haven't already, add DL.TV as a friend!
• Share your video with us!
• Even if you don't win we might still use your video on a future episode of DL.TV
• And don't forget to send us an email with your full name, URL and name of the YouTube account you used, mailing address and your phone number. Put "DL.TV Gaming Mouse Giveaway" in the subject line.
• Next week: Robert will be back. Tanned and ready to go. A further look at Hulu.com, Your Tech Pics, Viewer Questions and More!
• On Wednesday March 5th, 2008, Ziff Davis Media filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. While 'Bankruptcy' is a scary word the decision to file could have a very positive outcome for the company. Simon Cox, Creative Director for the 1UP Network, wrote a very eloquent and informative blog entry on 1UP.com explaining how the bankruptcy filing will affect the company and our day-to-day operations. Click here to go to Simon's blog entry.
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you're curious about Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org